The Mission Statement of the Washington Township Fire Department is to enhance the quality of living in our community by preventing or minimizing injury, and loss of human life or property, resulting from fire or other emergencies that may occur within the jurisdictional boundaries of the Township we serve.
Honesty - in both our leadership and our employees; leading to the highest level of trustworthiness.
Integrity - in our dealings with each other and those we serve, always adhering to a sound code of moral and ethical conduct.
Teamwork - as we believe that availing ourselves of each person’s talent enhances the services we deliver and that cooperation improves relationships.
Knowledge - as it forms the foundation for effective decisions, actions, and increased safety.
Respect - for each person as an individual, an attitude that recognizes the worth of others and exhibits compassion for those in need.
The Members of the Washington Township Fire Department:
- Strive to be role models in the community, and leaders in our profession.
- Will be accountable to those we serve, each other and any fire service organization we interact with.
- Are committed to providing the best public service through innovative training, education and equipment.
- Will take the Fire Department into the future through productive teamwork, open and honest communications, and participatory management throughout the organization.
- Are committed to our Mission, Values, and dedication to our fire service professionals.