Please find below the status of active pathway projects.
MASTER PLANNED YEAR 2 GAPS:
- Jewell Road (E side, 11617 Alicia Lane to Diamond Lane)
- 29 Mile Road (N side, Indian Hills Elementary School)
- Van Dyke Road (W side, 65891 to 66227)
- Van Dyke Road (E side, 65900 to 66030)
- Van Dyke Road (E side, 66500 to 66640)
- 31 Mile Road (S side, 12350 to MOT)
- 31 Mile Road (N side, 12331 to MOT)
- Twp Board authorized SDA to proceed with Design Engineering at 1/18/23 BOT Mtg. \
- SDA is in need of a signed proposal letter.
- SDA kicked off this project internally and has scheduled topographical survey.
MASTER PLANNED YEAR 1 GAPS:
- 28 Mile Road (N side, W of Van Dyke)
- Jewell Road (N side, W of Van Dyke)
- Van Dyke (W side, Kilarney to 30 Mile)
- 32 Mile Road (S side, E of Campground)
- Plans were resubmitted to MCDR for permitting
- Awaiting issuance of SESC permit
- Township is pursuing easements, has contacted Orcolan for easement acquisition services
- NOTE: An easement is required at Huntington Bank (At 1/9/23 Internal Sidewalk Meeting, there was a question of needed easements on Van Dyke)
- Advertise for Bid in February with 28 Mile Road, Jewell Road, and Van Dyke as a Base Bid, and keep 32 Mile Road as an Alternate
Mound Road Pathway, S of West Road
& Jewell Pathway, S of 29 Mile Road
- Jewell Road construction is partially complete
- The north end of Jewell Road will be completed in the Spring. The Contractor is awaiting storm sewer materials.
- Mound Road will be constructed in the Spring
- Brad Abar has taken over as SDA's Construction Manager
Mound Road Gap - Stony Creek frontage (W side, north of 28 Mile Road)
- Stony Creek frontage plan was awarded as an alternate to the Mound/Jewell bid plans
- Stony Creek has requested pathway be constructed without an easement
- Township connected w Jay Bibby to request proceeding with a revised easement
Mound Road Gap - Hoonhout frontage (W side, north of 28 Mile Road)
- Township pursuing easement on Dr. Hoonhout's property.
- This segment is ready to be authorized to Merlo once the easement is signed
26 Mile Road Pathway
- Design connects Bedford Boulevard to Beaconsfield Road
- SD applied for grant funding through MDOT and is pursuing funding options through SEMCOG.
- Revised documents submitted to SEMCOG
- SEMCOG has not reported any decisions to date
29 Mile Road Pathway (Jewell Road to Hevel Elementary)
- Easements provided to Township
- Soil borings required for creek crossing design
- NEED: Easement required prior to authorizing soil borings
- Exhibit for soil boring locations sent to Township for property owner information.