Elections Department

Charter Township of Washington

Vote Here

The Clerk is responsible for conducting all federal, state, school and local elections.   Some of the most frequently asked questions are here for your review.  As always, if you have additional questions, don't hesitate to call our office at 586-786-0010.

Where do we register to vote?

You may register to vote at the Clerk's office during regular office hours or any Secretary of State Office, or online .

Where do we vote?

The Township has 11 polling precincts.  Once you register to vote, you will receive a voter I.D. card stating the exact location for you.  If you are currently registered and cannot locate your voter I.D. card, call us for assistance.  You may also locate your precinct online.

 Who can vote Absentee?

A recent change in election law allows anyone to vote by absentee (with no reason) by submitting an application with your full name, address, signature and date for us to provide you with a ballot.
Applications are accepted at the Clerk's office.  You may bring your form in person, drop it at our convenient drop box in front of Township Hall, or mail it to us at : 57900 Van Dyke, Washington, MI 48094

Note:  If you wish to be placed on a "permanent application" list - which means you would automatically receive an absentee ballot application before each election - contact our office.

 Interesting in becoming an Election Worker?

If you enjoy working with the public and community service, consider becoming an Election Worker.  We staff 11 precinct locations, as well as our Absentee Counting Board, with paid volunteers.  Simply complete an  Election Worker Application  and submit it to the Clerk's office.  You will be notified when training is available and assigned to work a precinct as  openings become available.