Final Bill Request form
Washington Township Department of Public Works remotely reads water meters!
In most cases, we will NOT need to travel to the property to obtain a read for billing.
A Final Bill should be requested when you:
sell a property,
purchase a property,
or have new tenants/renters move in/ out.
It is important to understand:
* A Final Bill cannot be completed for a date prior to any bill that has already been created.
* A Final Bill cannot be un-made. So if your closing date or move in/out date changes, you need to notify us immediately.
* The account balance stays attached to the Parcel ID#/ property, and not to any individual. Unpaid balances are added to the Winter Taxes of the current Property Owner of record as of October each year.
* To obtain a paid in full receipt, you must pay the Final Bill in person at the Treasurer's Department.
To request a Final Bill, complete the online Final Bill request form or contact
Heather Berger in the Department of Public works
(586) 786-0010 extension 2002 or by email.